Re: [Healeys] BN1 electrical issue

To: Randy Hicks <Healey100M@gmail.com>, Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] BN1 electrical issue
From: Alan Seigrist <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 07:35:35 +0800
Randy -

First check the switch (out of the car) and make sure it is
functioning correctly with an ohm meter.  Was the key getting hot
before when the car was working?  If so it is a bad switch.

If it is working correctly then you need to check why you are getting
a power feedback downstream of the switch.

A quick check - open the dizzy and check that your contacts aren't
fused together.  Also open the Voltage Regulator and check its
contacts similarly.

Alan