Re: [Healeys] Where did the Healey Brand go?

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Where did the Healey Brand go?
From: Editorgary@aol.com
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 16:18:50 EST
In a message dated 3/9/10 1:04:50 PM, charliefci@yahoo.com writes:

> Healey Motor Company, the Healey brand was registered to a new firm,
> Healey Automobile Consultants, which the Healey family sold to HFI Automotive
> in 2005.
>  In June 2007, Nanjing and Healey Automobile Consultants / HFI Automotive
> signed a collaborative agreement that aims to recreate the Austin Healey
> and Healey marquees alongside NAC's MG. No timeline has been given as to when
> the Healey and Austin-Healey brands will return, although MG will be back
> on the market in China and the UK by the year's end."

True up to the point covered; However, my understanding of the more recent
news reports was that the collaborative agreement did have a time limit, and
when Nanjing was unable to meet its deadlines, that agreement died and the
Healey name reverted to Healey Automobile Consultants (also known informally
as "Margot and the girls"), but has more recently been replaced by an
agreement signed between HAC and Daniel Schlatter of Switzerland, who was
promising to have a Healey prototype to display at Goodwood this year -- which
didn't happen.
And that's the last I've heard; I wondered if anyone else has heard
anything.

Cheers
Gary
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html