Re: [Healeys] Rare 1957 Model "106

To: <tomfelts@windstream.net>, <pennell@cox.net>,
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Rare 1957 Model "106
From: Jean Caron <vintage_roadster_restoration@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 00:08:48 +0000
I have and did not get a response yet.

Jean Caron

> Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 18:47:59 -0500
> From: tomfelts@windstream.net
> To: pennell@cox.net; Healey100M@gmail.com; healeys@autox.team.net
> Subject: Re: [Healeys] Rare 1957 Model "106
>
> Has anyone sent him a note asking him to explain all this? Would be
interesting to see his response.

> tom
>
> ---- pennell@cox.net wrote:
>
> =============
> Copied directly from the description:
>
> RARE 1957 MODEL# 106. SEE info@schmitt.com History of the Austin Healey
factory is that the factory was closed down for retooling for the new most
popular MODEL 3000 (6 cylinder). Most of the workers were layed off for the
factory change over, so a number of the workers took the new 6 cylinder
engines tooled them into the old MODEL 104 BODY.

> I don't see a 104 body!!!!
>
> So you have a few of the special built cars with 6 cylinder engines in the
earlier 4 cylinder body.

> What 4 cylinder body??????
>
> Estimated of less than 500 of these beauties are on the road today. Most of
the Austin Healey are the MODEL# 3000. We keep a book of pictures for the
rebuilding of the car from the frame up, Included are recipes and pictures of
the work.

> Recipes???? I am not much of a cook so I had rather see the receipts.
>
> The engine was rebuilt with new pistons and rings, compression is as new.
Less than 500 new miles on the rebuilt. (1997)

> A 13 year old rebuilt?????? It will need a lot of attention to the fuel and
brake system I suspect.

> The car was keep in Arizona until I moved to Maryland in 2005, it has 0%
rust including the ROCKER panels. The car has the dash and frame and are
changeable to a RIGHT handed steering.

> As are ALL the big Healeys??????
>
> This is a prize.
>

> As someone has alluded to If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck . .
. . . .

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/RARE-106-YEAR-1957_W0QQitemZ270546140139QQcmdZ

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/tomfelts@windstream.net