[Healeys] K&N air filter

To: "'Healeys List'" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] K&N air filter
From: "AlanB" <bluehealey@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 19:43:29 -0000
Team.
I have been in touch with K&N and they identify Part number 56-9247 as the
most appropriate for a 3000 with two carbs.
http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=56-9247
It is a classic pancake filter with a diameter of 6" and a depth of 2". A
bit bigger than the 59-9320 but then we have almost double the displacement
of an MGB.  The backing plates are blank and have to be opened up to match
the HD6 or 8 carbs. That gives the opportunity to offset the rear one lower
to clear the shroud.

As for the breather hole, my vote is don't bother. Fit a PCV valve as
detailed in Norman's Tech Talk. A superb and discrete mod that completely
eliminates the oil leaks caused by crankcase pressure. I fitted the air
filters and PCV to my BJ8 and will be doing the same again to my modified
BN4 which will soon be fitted with a slightly breathed on 3000 engine. DWR
cam, gas flowed head, HD8's.
Read about the PCV mod at
http://www.nfahc.co.uk/PCV/