Re: [Healeys] which carb set up?

To: Greg Lemon <glemon@neb.rr.com>, <eyera3@gmail.com>,
Subject: Re: [Healeys] which carb set up?
From: WILLIAM B LAWRENCE <ynotink@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 00:07:53 +0000
My understanding was that the only reason the Healeys went to the tri-carb
configuration was because, they would then be able to fit three Webers on
their rally cars. Three carburetors was three carburetors to the rules
committee. They also provided an advantage over the twin HD6s used on the
earlier cars as shown by your calculation, but at the cost of added
complexity. It didn't take them long to revert to two.
Bill Lawrence