Re: [Healeys] crank case ventilation

To: Michael Salter <msalter@precisionsportscar.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] crank case ventilation
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 21:00:07 +0000 (UTC)
Hi Michael,

If you mean the non-vented approach pulls more vacuum on the crankcase I agree.
But, you're pulling unfiltered air in through other gaps (like around the
crankcase seal).

The 'sealed' PCV system works good on our cars, but it's not a PCV 'system' per
se. A proper PCV system circulates filtered air through the crankcase, mixes it
with blowby and sends it back through the intake manifold.

bs

Bob Spidell - San Jose, CA