Re: [Healeys] BJ 8 Door Operation

To: "R. Price Lindsay" <price@advocateadvisors.com>, "AustinHealey List"
Subject: Re: [Healeys] BJ 8 Door Operation
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 14:12:56 -0400
Hi Price,

I experienced exactly this problem with a car I assembled lat year. Turned
out to be a minor problem with the degree of bend in the inside door latch
where it bears against the release actuator. The exterior handle would
contact and push the actuating lever far enough to allow the pivoting
actuator to release the catch, while the inside pull rod wouldn't quite
effect enough throw to cause release. I had to go back into the door (sorry)
and bend the actuator just a bit more to allow full release.

Rich Chrysler