Re: [Healeys] CA White Plate '65AHLY'

To: Robert Blair <rnbmail@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] CA White Plate '65AHLY'
From: "rrengineer @dslextreme.com" <rrengineer@dslextreme.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2010 11:51:17 -0700
Robert,
     Hold on.  Have you checked into this?  Do you have the black plates
that were assigned to your car back in 63? (Or was it 62?)  You also have to
have documented proof that those are the black plates that were assigned to
the car.  Something like a pink slip from back in the 70s, you know those
old punch cards that they used to use or a copy at least.  If you think you
can just find some "clean" black plates and request to put them on your car,
I think you are in for an unpleasant surprise from the California DMV.  You
can , though, put "year of Manufacture" plates on there with a sticker from
the year of your car's first registration in California.
Mike MacLean
60 Sprite (with black plates)
56 BN2 (with no plates yet, so they won't be black)