[Healeys] Fwd: Austin Healey Restoration

To: Healey Lista <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Fwd: Austin Healey Restoration
From: Magnus Karlsson <magnuskarlsson@bornet.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 07:23:35 +0100
> To Tom, Ron, Bob, Rick, Price and Jim.
>
> Thanks to all of you for your interest and very kind comments. I try to
answer all your questions in one mail.

> The car was restored from the ground up with many new inner and outer body
panels. The body is all aluminium.
> The engine has a race aluminium top, 3000 camshaft, forged pistons, roller
rockers, tuftrided crank, aluminium flywheel etc, etc.
> The carbs are three 2" HD84s on an inlet manifold made in Holland I beleive.
It4s made in order to be able to fit triple HD84s on
> a LHD car. I bought the manifold from AH Spares. Tubular exhaust manifold
with side exit silencer.
> The front brakes are uprated to BJ8 spec with Girling type 16 calipers. The
gearbox is fitted with straight cut gears of Sebring ratio.
> The overdrive is uprated to race spec. Apart from  these mods I tried to
build it to full concours standards.
> The car is seriously fast and drives wonderfully. I would estimate the power
to around 190 BHP and you can feel that the

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html