Re: [Healeys] Pawn Stars

To: John Sims <ahbn6@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Pawn Stars
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2010 08:14:16 -0700
re: "Too good to be true?"

Why?  Vegas is a big city, with just about anything you can think of
(legal or otherwise).  They often go to the experts' places of business,
inc:
- archery shop
- airport (NLV)
- firing range/gun shop
- guitar store
- auto restorers (Cobra, etc.)
- others I can't think of off the top of my head

I think the experts show up (partially) because there may be some
business in it for them.  I'm sure the TV exposure doesn't hurt their
businesses, either.

There's people on this list who can name pretty much every part on a
Healey.  Other people are just as informed about their passions.

I like the guy (Rick?) who seems to be able to restore anything; gas
pumps, barber chairs, miniature motorcycles, you name it.  A real craftsman.

I'm sure some parts are at least partially scripted--and I get tired of
'Chumlee' real quick--but I like the show.   I think it's legit.

bs

--
Bob Spidell           San Jose, CA            bspidell@comcast.net

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html