[Healeys] HBJ8L/27911 for sale

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] HBJ8L/27911 for sale
From: "BJ8 Healeys" <sbyers@ec.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 12:28:34 -0700
Hello, Healeyphiles -

A few weeks ago, as a favor to a former lister, I posted a notice that a BT7
was for sale in New Jersey, with the information only as provided to me by
the seller about the car's condition and asking price.  Someone subsequently
bought the car (apparently sight unseen) and was unhappy with the actual
condition of the car as received versus the price paid.  I found myself in
the unintended and uncomfortable position of picking up clues that the buyer
thought this was at least partially my fault.  So...

I have no personal knowledge of the condition or reasonableness of the
asking price of the subject BJ8, do not personally know the seller, and am
not endorsing either the integrity of the seller, the condition of the car,
or the eventual selling price; but the current owner sent me the details of
the car for the BJ8 registry and indicates that it is for sale.   He
requested that I publicize the availability of the car before he advertises
it locally.  I did not have a previous record of this car in the registry.

The current owner purchased the car "recently" from the estate of the second
owner.  It has a documented 25,600 miles and is "original in every respect"
except for the color change in the mid-'70s (green to red) and a new top in
the early '80s.  All maintenance records are available from 1984 (year of
purchase by previous owner) and a driver's log showing total mileage since
1984 of 3,560 miles.  Information about the previous two owners is available
in the log and file for the car.  All original manuals are included.  More
information and photos are available by contacting the seller, Mr. Ronald
Cook, at roncook@videotron.ca.  The car is located in a suburb of Montreal.

Please contact Mr. Cook directly for additional information.  Negotiations
and selling price are up to the interested party.  No selling price or range
was mentioned to me.  I am merely the messenger.

Happy Healeying!

Steve Byers

HBJ8L/36666

BJ8 Registry