[Healeys] Wheel Well Vents

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Wheel Well Vents
From: "Ray Carbone" <racarbon@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 17:49:23 -0400
Hi All,

Recently, I have been experimenting with a number of reversible alterations to
improve engine cooling when under way.  Recently, I have found a number of
articles that indicated that vents created in the inner wheel well would
greatly improve airflow through the engine compartment by taking advantage on
the low pressure created by the moving wheel.

Although the articles were addressing non-Healey models and these vents, when
installed on a Healey, would seem be better located at the top of the well
rather than further aft as described in the article.  Has anyone tried this
alternative to hood louvers or fender vents?  If so, what was the effect?

Thanks and all the best,

Ray

64BJ8JP1
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html