[Healeys] Armrest Pad again

To: <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: [Healeys] Armrest Pad again
From: "Mark LaPierre" <lapierrem@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 19:33:00 -0400
Has anyone tried to use Velcro to secure their armrest for a BT7 Healey.   The
sewing operation
would seem to be very fiddly to me.    Not to mention a "hit or miss"
operation to get it exactly in the  middle .   With Velcro it would seem that
the pad could be moved around more.   I'm just
not sure how secure one can get it with Velcro so it stays in place.   I was
thinking Gorilla glue on the bottom of the pad for one side of the Velcro and
trying to stitch the other half of the Velcro to the carpet.

Has any one tried this or any other ideas?

My pad from Heritage isn't very flexible on the bottom and I'm not sure it
would be an easy task to get it to fit to the contour of the trany tunnel with
a needle and thread.

Mark
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html