Re: [Healeys] Questions on BN2 Engine

To: Alan Seigrist <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Questions on BN2 Engine
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 15:34:24 +0000 (UTC)
Thanks, Alan.

I found a photo of our mounts (was working from memory) and they look kind of
like a cross between the Moss picture and the 3000s' setup. The difference is
the 100's mounts to the front engine plate whereas the 3000's mount to the
block. The rubber parts are the same part number. Looks like our parts are
correct (not likely anyone would have changed out the motor mounts, unless they
broke).

I assume the mounts are painted engine color--that correct?

We've found a couple other differences in our car--a late BN2--from the shop
manual and the Moss catalog; like, the main bearings don't use castellated nuts
with cotters.

bs

Bob Spidell - San Jose, CA

Bob -

I think the difference is the earlier mounts use BSF studs and the
later ones UNF. I believe the later BMC mounts oficially superscede
the earlier Austin ones. I know where you can get the BSF ones...

Alan

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html