Re: [Healeys] BJ8 window crank

To: Richard Kahn <tahoehealey@hotmail.com>, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] BJ8 window crank
From: Tom Felts <tomfelts@windstream.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 18:35:22 -0500
Had mine for 30 years and it has always done that.  Put new panels on a few
years ago and didn't take long before they did it also.

---- Richard Kahn <tahoehealey@hotmail.com> wrote:

=============
I am having trouble with the window cranks on my BJ8 pushing the interior door
panels inward, causing it to bow away from the bottom portion. This is
occurring on both sides. I have just replace the panels due to the previous
panels doing the same thing. The square shaft has two sets of holes and I am
using the ones further inboard ( towards the seats). Can the whole window
mechanism be moved in (towards the seats) 1/4 or more using washers or is
there another way of adjusting the position of the window? I am using 1/8
board and very thin foam.
Thanks for any help.
Rich Kahn

http://www.windowslive.com/campaign/thenewbusy?ocid=PID28326::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL