Re: [Healeys] Overdrive Ideas Needed

To: <lapierrem@sbcglobal.net>, "healeys" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Overdrive Ideas Needed
From: "Ray Carbone" <racarbon@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 10:06:31 -0400
Hi Mark,

I agree with Dave Porter as to your problem possibly being based upon hardened
accumulator o-rings.  However, some questions:
1.  Do you have a rubber grommet installed as a stop for the solenoid
plunger?
2.  Is power to the solenoid constant when engaged?
When initially changing to Redline MT-90, I found oil had seeped into the
solenoid housing (shaft seal failure and a possible overfill).  Initially
working perfectly, the accumulating oil eventually caused the solenoid to
respond intermittently until drained.  Following the elimination of oil from
the solenoid housing only, the unit again works perfectly.

Good luck
Ray 64BJ8P1
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html