Re: [Healeys] Dunlop racing tyres

To: healeys@autox.team.net, warthodson@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Dunlop racing tyres
From: HealeyRick <healeyrick@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 2 May 2010 10:25:54 -0700 (PDT)
Gary,

Usual reasons for not running a race tire on the street are thinner sidewalls
that won't hold up to being curbed, softer compounds leading to quick tread
wear and lack of rain grip.  The Dunlop vintage tires look a lot like a road
tire, so all the above might not apply.  Maybe you could call Sasco Sports for
an opinion, but my guess is liability issues will prevent them from telling
you it's ok.  Speaking of liability, get in an accident with non DOT approved
tires on your car, a personal injury lawyer will be licking his chops.

Rick

Follow My Nasty Boy Build:  http://tinyurl.com/yj52fwo