Re: [Healeys] NY

To: healeys@autox.team.net, Gaagten <gaagten@hetnet.nl>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] NY
From: Jackson Krall <jackson_krall@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 2 May 2010 19:48:33 -0700 (PDT)
I've been thinking about this for a few days and have decided that having a
beer with me at McSorleys(just a couple blocks away)is about as close to
Healeydom as one is likely to get in Manhattan. My LBC friend, Wes Henderson
can tell stories about the gang in Brooklyn that specialized in stealing
Healeys back in the 60's. We could go up to the now defunkt Tavern On The
Green in Central Park and view the spot where those lovely photos of DMH and
his !00 were taken way back when, but the Austin facility on Webster Ave in Da
Bronx, that is listed in the back of the 100 Drivers Manual, is long gone and
replaced by an apartment building. So, that leaves SU guru Joe Curto out in
Queens, not far from LaGuardia Airport, as a main point of interest and
Gullwing Motors, also in Queens, could be interesting.

In the 35 yrs I've lived here I've seen enough Healeys in Manhattan to count
on one hand missing some fingers.
Best
JK
NYC