Re: [Healeys] tires

To: <kendall.freese@aerojet.com>, Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] tires
From: Rick Swain <rjswain@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 20:28:46 +0000
Perhaps the size of the tires has something to do with your experience. Too
much tire for a particular rim might make the handling nervous. I'd like to
hear about a comparison between new 165 Michelins and new 165 Vredesteins (or
whatever). I don't know whether you'd get an accurate comparison if you are
talking about tires of different sizes. I now have 165 Vredesteins on standard
rims. I quite like them but I live in an area with no rain grooves (Nova
Scotia has lots of poor pavement and potholes but thankfully no rain grooves).
I did have 175 Michelin XZXs in a 175 size but these were on wider 72 spoke
rims. The Vredesteins grip better than the Michelins did but that's not a fair
comparison because the Michelins were over 10 years old. I might have gone for
new Michelins but when I needed them a couple of years ago I couldn't find
any.
Rick'59 BN4

> I actually think the Vredesteins suck. They follow the rain grooves and
> are very nervous feeling. The old Michelin XZX in 165 were nicer than
> these Vredesteins in 185/70. Yokohamas were also nice but not available
> anymore. I should have waited for the Pirelli CN36 reproductions. They
> were great in the 1970's.
> Ken Freese
> 65 BJ8

MSN Dating: Find someone special. Start now.
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9729707
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html