Re: [Healeys] seat belts

To: Ken Taplin <ktaplin@gwi.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] seat belts
From: Richard Ewald <richard.ewald@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 7 May 2010 12:28:29 -0700
So back in the day a buddy of mine bought a used Sprite for the going
rate of $500. The DPO took the belts out, so the first trip after
school was to Pep Boys to buy belts.
On the way home my buddy decided to take the windy road. He blew a
tire in a corner and hit an oak tree dead square.
The driver bounced off the steering wheel with some cracked ribs. The
passenger went through the windshield. The headlights of the Sprite
pointed at each other.
To get glass out of your face they rub a cotton ball til it snags then
use tweezers to pull the glass out. The passenger claims it felt like
they used coarse steel wool and vice grips.
So if you don't believe in seat belts for roadsters try putting your
face through a windshield then see if your opinion changes.
$.02
Rick

Sent from my iPhone