[Healeys] Who Are The Real Owners?

To: Healey <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Who Are The Real Owners?
From: Joe and Lenore Armour <sebring@illawarra.hotkey.net.au>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 11:54:57 +1000
Once upon a time there was a Mr. Healey (Donald ) in  a shed with a few
blokes in it and a lot of dreams. These dreams were turned into
successful motor cars that set veryhigh standards of the day in the
areas of; performance, innovation and were able to be tailored to the
customers requirements.
The bloke known as Donald became very successful in European
motorsport,eg. first Englishman to succeed in thr Monte Carlo Rally, was
an early member of the 200MPH Club etc.
Along the way he so impressed C.E.O of an extremely large company about
to be known as B.M.C.   Note, he had already impressed the Man from Nash.
Now this alliance with BMC allowed Donald and his Band of Merry Men to
follow their dreams and what did we get?   Cars made for exciting and
unique activities, these cars were to be known as 'Works Healeys'
....... the Real Healeys.

So if so far in your travels you have only reached the Austin/BMC bit ,
Good Luck to you and yours, some of us are off enjoying our dreams.

I am told by Tony Ash that when Steve/David Pike did the 187mph in
Australia all the big, blown V.8 guys rushed over to see why all the
high performance bits were not protruding through the Healeys engine
hood. There was only total shock when they saw a 1954  four cylinder
Healey engine

Good onya Donald for the Dream. I would like to know more.

 Member of 4 Healey Clubs with magazines.

Joe
Red One 1967-68
Blue One 1965
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html