[Healeys] Shock absorber settings - how to measure

To: Healey <Healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Shock absorber settings - how to measure
From: John Harper <ah@jharper.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 08:52:14 +0100
I am hoping that somebody out there knows about shock absorber valve
settings. As many 100 owners know most suppliers only sell the front 6
cylinder version 8002 whereas the correct ones are 6075. The harder
settings are fine for more rigorous driving but a little harsh for
normal road use.
I have a few units that I am reconditioning that are all the same except
for the valve springs. I am in the process of copying the 6075 springs
which hopefully will give the right results in other units but my query
is how does one measure the end result.

I have settings information for a few other types such as the A40 sports
and this is specified as

Compression - 375 in./lb. and Rebound - 950 in./lb.

Does anybody know how to test absorber against such setting information
and does anybody have the settings information for both front and rear
on a standard 100.

Regards
--
John Harper