Re: [Healeys] BJ8 Timing

To: TERRY COLL <coll44@msn.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] BJ8 Timing
From: Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 11:35:17 +0200
There were marks on the distributor of the Triumph Spitfire I once
owned. It is probably described in its manual.
As these Lucas distributors are basiccally all the same it may be safe
to say that one turn of the knurled wheel stands for the same
advance/retardation of all these distributors. This knurled or vernier
nut was spring loaded and could be rotated with clearly noticable
clicks, each click is one degree.
If you have a stroboscopic timing light it should be easy to check the
in-/decrease in timing when you turn the vernier nut e.g. 5 clicks and
work out the result for one click.
Kees Oudesluijs
NL