[Healeys] H-6 carbs 100-M or 100-S ??

To: List Healey <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] H-6 carbs 100-M or 100-S ??
From: Ray Juncal <healeyray@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 30 May 2010 22:58:27 -0700 (PDT)
  I am rebuilding two sets of H-6 carbs on 100-M manifolds.  I got these carbs
in 1970-71 from Russ Thompson here in Los Angeles.  I have finished bushing
the throttle shafts and started reassembly.  One set is obviously 100-M, both
bodies AUC 6040 X, 6047 with vacuum advance and 6035 without (front carb).
 They have the choke/throttle cam bosses on the right side.  (looking down the
throat toward the engine)  The other set are the oddballs.  Both bodies are
AUC 6040 X, but the choke/throttle cam bosses are on the left side of the
bodies.  Number are (hand scribed) 6041 with vacuum advance and 60??,( 47 or
44 ) with out.   It occurred to me these might be 100-S bodies as it seems
like they are meant for the right side of the engine like the "S".  These
carbs were pretty worn and have no arm extension for the throttle cam
adjustment screw.  They may have been through a few changes / mods before I
got them.  They came with legitimate 100-M
 manifolds so may be mix and match old racer parts.  They were fifteen years
old when I got them.  Anyone have any ideas?  Help me out here.RegardsRay
Juncal
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html