[Healeys] New Top Fitment

To: <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: [Healeys] New Top Fitment
From: "Mark LaPierre" <lapierrem@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 20:45:04 -0400
Who would have thunk that I would still have so many questions this far along
in my restoration.  My
wife won't listen to me so you guys get the vote.

Anyone try or have an EZ On convertible top?   I bought this on Ebay years ago
and I swear it must have
shrunk in the box that I never opened till now.   Wow!   I don't see how any
amount of sunlight
or heat is going to get this top to fit.   Sure wish they hadn't installed the
Tenex fasteners at the
factory.  Three of them miss by about an eighth of an inch,( including red
face tugging. )
  And the metal circles for the turn buttons by the doors aren' t even on the
top.  I will need to source these.
The material at the front of the top barely touches the windscreen.   Can't
see how that will ever connect to the wood bow.   Even if this thing was ever
stretched to fit I can only imagine trying to put it on in the middle of a
down pour.
Thats a hernia waiting to happen.   Anyone want to buy some Tenex fasteners?

The box says it fits a 57-62 Austin Healey 100-6 and 3000 4 seater.   Weren't
the top patterns
different through these years to accomodate the different frames that were
used?

Could this be the one-size fits all miracle top that has been evading all of
us for all these years?
Oh my God,  I had know idea it was on  my shelf all these years.

Fellow listers, I will regret this some day I'm sure, but since I rarely use a
top on my cars I feel
obligated to open up the bids to my List buddies first.  Soooo who will offer
the first bid for this
elusive rare, non fitting piece of shit, oops, I mean wonderful top.

I  was actually going to put this on myself but I see a ton of frustration in
this job.   Any sense in trying to
have a professional put this on knowing that it will be an on going head ache
when ever I actually
need to put the thing up myself.   Maybe a fresh Robbins top would be a better
investment and less head and body aches down the road.

Anyone have an E-Z On Auto Top?   Thats quite an oxy-moron.

Mark
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html