Re: [Healeys] correct duo color 100 BN2 - help needed

To: healeys@autox.team.net, Tadeusz Malkiewicz <tadeusz.malkiewicz@plusnet.pl>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] correct duo color 100 BN2 - help needed
From: Jim LeBlanc <jim_leblanc@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2010 14:34:32 -0700 (PDT)

We find different fenders on the 100's with different ridges. The front wheel
arch is larger on some fenders. The two colors meet at the ridge in the fender
and the door. The read fender on the later 100's have a ridge that follows
from the front fender thru the door. The early 100's do not have this ridge,
just follow the line from the door backward around the curve to the bead
between the parts.

The classic problem is how the colors meet at the front fender arch. For this,
there is a picture on the concours CD. There is one picture from a middle 50's
auto show with a factory car showing an arched curve meeting the front fender.

It took me many hours settling how to paint the line on my car. Take your time
and study the subject.

Best Regards,

Jim LeBlanc
1956 100_M