Re: [Healeys] (somewhat) Off-topic: speed limits

To: Healeylist <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] (somewhat) Off-topic: speed limits
From: Bernard <bcrist@club-internet.fr>
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2010 19:28:18 +0200 (CEST)
And we're complaining because of our 80mph limit on the highways and 55 on the
other roads.
There's usually a 10% tolerance or uncertainty margin.

Bob Spidell a C)crit :

> Just came back from a 4K+ mile road trip through the US Southwest.B  Being a
native Californian, I have to say I was impressed with the way some other
states handle speed limits and enforcement.B  In AZ, NM, TX, OK, KS, CO, UT
and NV the speed limits are generally more reasonable; e.g. 70-75mph on
freeways, and 60-65mph on decent quality 'backroads.'B  And, it appeared the
limits are enforced without mercy (esp. in AZ and NM).B  These are, of course,
good cruising speeds for a Big Healey.
> In CA, similar backroads will have a 55mph speed limit, but everyone will do
65mph+ with impunity (usually).B B  I also like the 'Stay On The Right Except
To Pass' policy on TX freeways--much less lane-cutting and generally more
civil behavior, compared to oh, say, Interstate 5 in central CA.