Re: [Healeys] Silicone vs Glycol (natural or otherwise) brake fluid

To: <Editorgary@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Silicone vs Glycol (natural or otherwise) brake fluid
From: "Dave Porter" <frogeye@porterscustom.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2010 12:55:19 -0600
Or..
" We must not in the course of public life expect immediate approbation and
immediate grateful acknowledgement of our services. But let us (mechanics)
persevere thru abuse and even injury. The internal satisfaction of a good
conscience is always present and time will do us justice in the minds of the
people, even of those at present the most prejudiced against us."   Benjamin
Franklin

> "The most savage controversies are those about matters as to which there
> is no good evidence either way."
>
> *--Bertrand Russell,
> British philosopher, logician, mathematician and historian* (and LBC
> owner, maybe?)

On a similar note:

"In any dispute the intensity of feeling is inversely proportional to the
value of the stakes at issue." By way of corollary, it adds: "That is why
academic politics are so bitter." Sayre's law is named after Wallace Stanley

Sayre (1905-1972), U.S. political scientist and professor at Columbia
University.

And not so related, but still appropriate in many instances -- could
occasionally be said about people on this list, if I were feeling really
mean and
cranky...

"Some people like a Slinky...Not really good for anything, but you still
can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs."

Cheers
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html