Re: [Healeys] choke issue?

To: "R. Cobb" <rcobb@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] choke issue?
From: Bob Johnson <bjsbj8@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 16:32:25 -0400
I had a similar problem. Turned out that the rod that raises and
lowers the ( can't think of the name of the orifice that the needle
fits into right now) was corroded and moved very little if at all when
I choked the car for starting or when I pushed the choke knob in. Made
the car hard to start, hard to keep running when it was hot, and I
always had a gassy smell when driving. Got that straightened out and
now it starts easier, runs better and about 4-5 mpg better mileage.
And this was with the problem effecting one carb. Your prob could be
similar, but with the choke in an even more closed position than mine
was.

Bob Johnson
BJ8

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html