[Healeys] Look who's back home

To: Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Look who's back home
From: Bert Van Brande <bertvanbrande@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2010 20:49:10 -0700 (PDT)
Hi,

56 BN2L 231391 is back from the painter.  The frame and inside panels are
painted Reno Red, the outside is in PPG Grey Epoxy for now and will be painted
after assembly and final panel fitment.  The Reno Red looks dark in the picture
as the car is in the shade.  It is actually quite dark and matches the Pikovnic
book and samples I got pretty good.  I might just go a tad lighter for final
paint.

A pic taken from my phone at http://www.austin-healey.org/node/2700

Pfew, It only took 6 years to get this far.  I planned a restoration but it
turned out more a "rustoration" as frame, floors, footboxes, doglegs, sills,
rockers, outriggers, shrouds needed extensive work.  The metalwork was done
mostly by Ellery Engel and myself.

The painter, a retired bodyshop-paint teacher who does this to keep himself
busy, did a great job on the bodywork taking out the low and high spots without
defaulting to filler.  I hope this kind of craftsmanship survives the times.

Some very visible progress at last.

Bert
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html