Re: [Healeys] Computer Question

To: Mark LaPierre <lapierrem@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Computer Question
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 18:45:50 -0700
Mark,

I bought a Toshiba laptop from BB for my son a while back.   It's very
annoying because the manufacturers load the box up with a lot of crap
software, then you have to remove it.  Even though I'm a computer
professional I paid BB to do it because they convinced me their
utilities would do a better job, but you can probably do it by going
into the Control Panel and just removing the apps.

I would think Win7 would be installed on any new computer.  I would use
McAfee from AT&T because it's free and comparable to the others.  Trend
Micro is good, I'm not too familiar with Kaspersky but had heard some
good things about it, but with McAfee you'll get regular updates.  It
runs a full scan once a week that really bogs the box down but aside
from that I used it successfully for years.

Cheers,
Bob