Re: [Healeys] Master Cylinder

To: "Keith Bailey" <keithbailey5@bigpond.com>, <Healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Master Cylinder
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 13:14:26 -0400
Hi Keith,

Ensure there is enough free play in the push rod distance as others have
already stated, but also make sure the push rod clevis pin end is able to
clear the toe board adequately. This sounds strange but if the toe board
area has had metal work done there and the diamond shaped pressed relief in
the toe board metal is no longer there allowing sufficient clearance, the
push rod can't allow full release of the piston rod.

Also, I always bleed the brakes using an Easi-Bleed kit that gently
presurizes the system via the reservoir. I use an old tire with no more than
about 12 PSI.  No pedals to pump, just go around and open each bleed screw
one at a time from furthest from the 4 way junction to closest, until there
are no more bubbles, and you're done.

See diamond shaped releif pressings for both LHD and RHD toe boards in pics
att'd.

Rich