Re: [Healeys] clutch - Need Help please

To: tomfelts@windstream.net, britishcars@shaw.ca, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] clutch - Need Help please
From: warthodson@aol.com
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2010 16:04:07 -0400
Tom,
What I was trying to suggest is that if the input shaft is not centered in the
pilot bushing (because dowel bolts were not used, for instance) the shaft
might be dragging on the pilot bushing causing the input shaft to spin. Or if
there is not the correct clearance between the pilot bushing & shaft (what
ever that specification is), because the ID of bushing was too small the input
shaft might again be dragging & spin. If the ID is smaller that the input
shaft diameter I don't see how he would get one in the other either!
Gary Hodson