[Healeys] Conclave 2010-Galena

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Conclave 2010-Galena
From: George Haywood <haywoodone@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 20:17:39 -0400
Hello everyone,

     Well Conclave is over now-I haven't seen any posts from Conclave
attendees re: their week.  Sherry and I Arrived late Sunday evening, checked
in, and went to bed after planning our Monday activities.  Early Monday we got
up and prepared for the Popularity Show @9AM.  I went down and washed all the
road grime and tar spray off and cleaned the wheels as best I could in the
time I had.  We lined up and went over to downtown Galena for pictures and
final line up on main street.  There was a little confusion on classes but we
lined up on time and the show went off without incident.  What a beautiful
venue for the show and the cars complimented the town superbly.  There were
plenty of shops open for food, snacks, ice cream, gifts, etc., and the temps
were pleasing.  Although we didn't win any awards we enjoyed the day and the
rest of the week.  The Galena area has plenty of nice roads to Healey around
on.  There are also things to see within a days drive of town as well as
beautiful mansions in town to admire.  US Grant also had at least one home
there overlooking the town that has been preserved nicely.  There is a statue
of his wife in the front yard--All I can say is he must have been in love or
"she had a good personality".  I'd like to thank the Midwest Region AHCA for
hosting and putting on a very nice show last week.  Things went quite smoothly
I thought and the entire week passed by entirely too fast for me.  There is a
tremendous amount of work that goes into hosting one of these events so kudos
to all that planned and all that volunteered their time to make it happen.  We
have been to the last 4 Conclaves and the last 2 had access to repair services
on site.  Thank you to The Healey Werks for being there this time, I know at
least four Healey owners that benefitted from that service.  I can't begin to
include all that went on last week and get it posted so I'll just say the week
was great, the self guided tours were well thought out, and the "FUN RALLY"
was challenging @*&%!  There was a dinner cruise that sold out quickly and I
understand it was a hit (we couldn't get a ticket).  The hospitality tent in
the evenings turned out to be a great place to discuss the days occurrences.
Everything was just quite nice.  We reacquainted with old (prior) friends from
other Conclaves and met new friends as well.  Now we are on our return journey
back to NC and I will update you on the post Conclave activities we've been
involved in hopefully on a daily basis;  I am already behind on that but plan
to catch you up later tonight.

Take care,

George & Sherry Haywood

inbox.