Re: [Healeys] Big Healey Race Engine Question

To: <fredcrowley@teamhealeytexas.com>, healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Big Healey Race Engine Question
From: richard mayor <mayorrichard@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 01:58:21 +0000
Greetings Fred,
I use NGK R5672A-8, stock #7173, spark plugs. These are the race version of
the BP8ES. You are running a bit higher compression than I do so you may want
to consider the next cooler heat range. However, you are also running a bigger
cam than I do and, therefore, your dynamic compression is lower and may be
quite similar to my engine.  I have been very satisfied with NGKs.
I gap my plugs at .028 but I use a period correct Mallory dual-point
distributor with a Lucas Sports Coil. If I ran an electronic ignition with a
big coil I would gap them much bigger.

Richard Mayor
BN7L-466  Vintage Racer
Team Healey, Portland, Oregon

> From: fredcrowley@teamhealeytexas.com
> To: healeys@autox.team.net
> Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 22:15:08 -0500
> Subject: [Healeys] Big Healey Race Engine Question
>
> Folks,
>
> This is directed primarily to those who have a race prepped engine in their
> car.
>
> I am looking for a replacement for the type of spark plugs that I have been
> using for quite a while. The plugs I've been using are Splitfires SF6C.
These