Re: [Healeys] BT7

To: <cbaustin@verizon.net>, <lnjn36@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] BT7
From: Richard Kahn <tahoehealey@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 12:31:46 -0700
Are you speaking of the large flaps that lift from the forward direction? If
so they are to hold the cover down to the wall behind the seats.  They should
attach to tennex type fixtures which are often missing from the wall. I got my
top from Moss many years ago and had to put on the fittings but I don't
remember it being a big deal (ie, no swearing or throwing involved) except
that it must be left in the sun before starting anything. You need a crayon to
mark where the pins are and a leather hole punch (Harbor Freight). You can
tighten the tennex fasteners with small needle nose pliers. I used the pliers
used to remove "C" rings like on the U-joints.  You can actually be a little
off 'cause when it cools it tightens up.
Rich Kahn