Re: [Healeys] water pump - modern reason

To: Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl>,john spaur
Subject: Re: [Healeys] water pump - modern reason
From: Peter Caldwell <peter@nosimport.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 08:59:28 -0500
The ragged hole that is in the casting  near the bearings appears in
the pumps that have the one piece waterpump bearings. The OD of the
spherical bearing race has a groove to locate the assembly in the
casting. Then there is a special piece of wire that fits the groove
and the groove in the casting to lock it in place. You need to remove
that wire to push out the bearing assembly if you were to rebuild it.
         Peter C
====

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html