Re: [Healeys] Shock bolt torque

To: Stephen Hutchings <s.hutchings@rogers.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Shock bolt torque
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 23:02:00 +0000 (UTC)
What works for me:

Front shocks: Grade 8 flatwashers under the bolt heads (no lockwashers), clean
threads, blue Locktite, torque to 35ft-lbs
Rear shocks: Grade 8 flatwashers under the bolt heads, lockwashers under the
nuts, (optional) Locktite, torque to 35ft-lbs

bs
Bob Spidell - San Jose, CA

Was there a consensus, the last time this was discussed, on the
torque for the shock mount bolts? My original threads were in good
shape.
I want to put flat washers under the lock washers, so that the lock
washers don't dig into the alloy......opinions?

Stephen, BJ8
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html