Re: [Healeys] GOLDIE again

To: <Healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] GOLDIE again
From: "BJ8 Healeys" <sbyers@ec.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2010 16:51:36 -0400
The originality of GOLDIE was lost when she was brought to America from
England and restored by Healey Surgeons.  The car was a mess when they found
her.  I saw her shortly after she arrived at the Healey Surgeons shop in
1986 or 1987 and before the restoration, so I know she was in poor
condition.

Actually, I was a bit confused about this thread at first.  I couldn't
believe GOLDIE would need restoration again, even after 20 years.  Sounds
like the Phillipses sold her to someone else who had the second restoration
done.  Last time I saw her, I believe, was at Conclave in 2003.  She was on
display in a room at the hotel and certainly didn't look like she needed a
second restoration then.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry