Re: [Healeys] 65BJ8 -- Driver's Side Rear Shock,

To: Greg Mandas <gmandas@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] 65BJ8 -- Driver's Side Rear Shock,
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2010 15:51:22 -0700
Greg,

Can only recommend you heat the nut (just the nut) CAREFULLY--you don't
want to melt the shock body--with a propane torch and apply penetrating
oil after heating.  Repeat several times, then get your best sockets--or
vise grips if the bolt or nut is rounded--and try to turn.  If you have
an impact wrench and can get it in there use that--probably would  do
the trick.

If I understand your description correctly, the nut and bolt are
backward from the usual installation (at least I do mine the other
way--nut on the 'inside').

bs

--
Bob Spidell           San Jose, CA            bspidell@comcast.net