Re: [Healeys] Carb Oil

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Carb Oil
From: "Steve Gerow" <steveg@abrazosdata.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 11:22:50 -0700
Concurring with Mike Salter,

At a recent dyno session, APT (www.aptfast.com) Advanced Performance
Technology stated that heavier dashpot oil creates more velocity and a
richer mixture on acceleration.

They are big fans of swapping the piston-return springs out to the next
heavier color. They said the combination of the spring stiffness and oil
thickness comprises the acceleration circuit in the SU.

Speculating here - it seems as though the oil would only affect mixture
during acceleration, whereas  a heavier spring would keep the piston
slightly further down  all the time against a given vacuum.

--

Steve Gerow

Pasadena, CA, USA

BN6