Re: [Healeys] Fw: Nearly Smokeless

To: Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Fw: Nearly Smokeless
From: <robertduquette@sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 18:27:23 +0000
Pun intended?  :)
Like me, she is not without her faults.  Her intro to my wife was to fail to
start after I shut her off in a parking lot.  :)  The PO had done a marathon
drive from Rich's neck of the woods to Ottawa. ( 6 hours or so? )  I guess the
battery connections had worked loose somehow.  I found the cause and tightened
the battery connections, but the batteries were also flat ... so my wife got
lunch out of it while we waited for CAA to arrive.  But, I didn't hesitate to
take her on a 200 km round trip in the country soon after; nor to go on a
second similar trip with the local Healey enthusiasts.  Which, as some of you
might remember was where I discovered that the heater fan didn't work and that
I was unaware that there was both pre and post heater shutoffs when I ventured
forth top down with my wife in -4C temps.  She has more than a few issues and
I hope to get to them all in time.  But, yeah, except for the loose battery
connections, she starts, she goes, she stops and she gets lots of attention
along the way.  Maybe she has plans to fix my issues??  :)

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html