Re: [Healeys] This is NOT a Friday Funny

To: Keith Taylor <krtaylor@exemail.com.au>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] This is NOT a Friday Funny
From: Alan Seigrist <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2010 13:18:32 +0800
Keith -

Sometimes it takes a year or two for the smoke to appear.

I was lucky enough to have the smoke appear about 1 year after I put a new
harness in my BJ8.  I pulled over and after the prescribed several hours of
cursing managed to determine that my primary ignition wire had released the
smoke while securely wrapped inside the new harness.  It seems smoke is
released most commonly when you haven't done anything to cause it to
release.

Keep some additional smoke wire in your boot just in case.

Cheers!

Alan