Re: [Healeys] Should Jule Frames be promoted on the Healey List?

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Should Jule Frames be promoted on the Healey List?
From: Editorgary@aol.com
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 00:58:32 EDT
In a message dated 8/19/10 7:03:46 PM, healeys-request@autox.team.net
writes:

> At no time did I use this response to sell our product.I used our product
> as
> an example that the original failures of the chassis can be fully
> corrected.
> My thorough knowledge of the car has allowed me to correct the these
> failures,and build a safer, better quality, car.
>
> Also, I am familiar with the replacement chassis and the chassis repairs
> that
> replicate the original chassis, however, these "solutions" do not fix the
> original
> structural failures because they use the same design

Too bad that Martin is continuing to pursue this thread of elaborating on
why he believes that he has created a superior product to anything Donald
Healey ever built, and therefore as soon as a Healey-designed chassis fails, it
should therefore be replaced by the intrinsically superior Jule Product.

Let me stipulate right here, that the Jule chassis may very well be a
better chassis that the one which came on the Healeys, in terms of its
structural
rigidity, metallic properties, and design.

I would also stipulate that any Nissan five-speed transmission is
inherently better than the original four-speed plus overdrive transmission with
which
our Healeys were originally equipped.

Would I therefore conclude that as soon as my Healey transmission shows
signs of failure I should yank it out and replace it with a Nissan
transmission?

No. If I wanted to drive a Miata for weekend fun, I'd buy a Miata. I choose
to drive a restored Austin-Healey 3000 in order to experience what that
felt like when they were new. Is it as safe as a Miata? Huh-uh. But I'll deal
with the trade-off.

Other opinions certainly vary on how far to improve a Healey when restoring
it. I respect that -- it's your money, and your life, and you can do with
it in whatever way makes you happy. But that still doesn't justify using this
forum to argue that a good repair, or an original spec replacement frame,
are inherently less desirable than the product that is being promoted here.

This list is not a place where vendors should be pushing the qualities of
their products -- That's what paid advertising is for, and booths at Healey
meets, and word-of-mouth, and the other means of advertising.

I do apologize to anyone who is offended by an argument in this venue, but
I believe the principle is important, and this forum should be defended.
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html