Re: [Healeys] Chassis Damage/Failures -- was: Re: Digest N0.4,

To: Tom Felts <tomfelts@windstream.net>, Bob Spidell
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Chassis Damage/Failures -- was: Re: Digest N0.4,
From: Alan Seigrist <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 23:17:31 +0800
The mechanic that taught me most of what I know, Mike of John Bull
Auto from Walnut Creek CA, he told me back in the late 80s that 6-cyl
AHs have a tendency to crack the rail just behind the shock tower
because of the weight of the motor and how the shock tower is welded
to the rail.  Worth a spot check once in a blue moon.