[Healeys] John Everard

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] John Everard
From: "Mark Goodman" <mkgoodman@att.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2010 20:39:11 -0400
I received this from Mike & Mell Ward about Jonathan Everard.  I did have
the pleasure to meet him at the 50th Anniversary of the 3000 in Warwick last
summer, and he will be missed.

Mark Goodman

JONATHAN EVERARD

We have just received the very sad news that Jonathon Everard  passed away
earlier this week whilst on holiday with his wife, Alison in Spain.

Jonathon was known to so many of our members through his company JME Healeys
and through his personal involvement with many Club events and activities.
His knowledge of Austin Healeys was unrivalled and his enthusiasm and advice
has been of immense value to the Club over many years.

His recent return to The Cape in Warwick and the setting up of JME Healeys
in the old ancestral home of Austin Healey was an emotional experience for
many of us who attended his opening event. Jon spent his whole life, devoted
to the marque from serving an apprenticeship with The Donald Healey Motor
Company to the setting up of JME.

Jon rallied the 'Big Healey' with great success, winning the British
Historic Rally Championship in 'SMO' and the Pirelly Classic Marathon. He re
built and maintained and indeed rallied some of the most illustrious of the
great Healey works rally cars, including the ex - Pat Moss SMO745,
ex-Aaltonen BMO93B and probably the greatest of them all, URX727.

He had only just returned from Italy having completed successfully in the
Mille Miglia in EVV106, the famous 100S known to us all as 'The Green Car'.

JME Healeys are continuing to operate during this difficult time under the
direction of Jons' son Chris with the full support of the loyal team of
technicians.

On behalf of all our members we would wish to extend our sincere regrets and
sympathy to Alison and her family, Alex, Chris, Daniel and Charlotte, during
this very sad time.

Arrangements for the funeral are not yet finalised, and as soon as we
receive the details, these will be passed on to you all.

Mike Ward

 Chairman

Austin Healey Club Midlands & Overseas Centre
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html