[Healeys] brake light switch

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] brake light switch
From: "Frank Magnusson" <fmags@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 18:42:37 -0500
Has anyone found a substitute for the brake light pressure switch so that the
brake lights come on at a lower pressure or found an easy way to mount a
position switch on the brake pedal itself like most cars have?  It takes a
fairly good stomp on the brake pedal to get the pressure switch to light up
the brake lights.  This is the second switch I've put in over the years, but I
don't think its a bad switch; I think its a design 'feature'.  I've followed
other Healeys with the same obervation that a friend of mine had following me
this morning; the brake lights don't come on until very late and only if its a
fairly firm stop.  Tired of people almost running into me.

thanks,
Frank Magnusson
Wichita, KS
'65 BJ8