Re: [Healeys] Penetrating oils compared

To: Ghess4 <ghess4@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Penetrating oils compared
From: Richard Ewald <richard.ewald@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2010 19:28:54 -0700
I have seen this list over and over again.  Based on my years of
experience I have some serious doubts about the validity of this test.
WD-40 cut the effort in half?  Not in my experience.  WD-40 is a
lubricant not a rust buster, and not a very good one that.
WD-40 is almost as good at cutting rust as PB Blaster?  Again don't
make me laugh.
Liquid wrench?  Never had that stuff work at all.  Worthless IMHO
The best stuff I have ever used is Maltby Rust dissolving penetrant.
This stuff would actually dissolve the rust, and free up the parts.  I
have not been able to find it for years.  We use PB Blaster at work
for various stuck and rusted fasteners.  Works great.
I have not tried the acetone/ATF mix, I will have to give that a shot sometime.
Rick

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html