Re: [Healeys] Keeping a Healey, and a hissing oil filler cap

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Keeping a Healey, and a hissing oil filler cap
From: healeyguy@aol.com
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2010 03:45:19 -0400
Logan
You didn't mention if the normal T fitting for the crank case
breather/valve cover/air filter is used on the top of the valve cover.
Most valve covers with the quick-release style or hinged caps are
aluminum. Many aluminum covers don't have the T fitting. If so this
would account for the excessive pressure in the crankcase. Another
assumption on my part.
Aloha
Perry