Re: [Healeys] Fw: Gear box oil

To: "'Dr. C. Rubino'" <ruvino@ripnet.com>, "'healeylist'"
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Fw: Gear box oil
From: "Don" <don@anglesey.us>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 13:02:39 -0600
Carl,
        I used Valvoline Racing 20-50w for numerous years but a couple years
back changed to Redline MT-90.  The Redline seems to provide a smoother
shift but no big change.

        After all the changes made to the oils in the last few years I
decided to go synthetic and use Redline 10-40w in the engine too.

        I have heard the MTL-90 is better suited for our transmission but
until I have to change it again it seems to be doing the job.

HTH,
Don
57' BN4